Supreme Leader's Representative Office in Hajj and Pilgrimage Affairs
In the Name of God, the Compassionate the Merciful
The Supreme Leader`s Representative Office in Hajj and Pilgrimage Affairs is committed to do the following:
- To do whatever it can to facilitate and materialize the Abrahamic Hajj and pilgrimage of the House of God in the best possible manner.
- To carry out cultural and educational programs for pilgrims of the Holy Ka'aba and sacred sites.
- To establish communication and ties with other countries' religious and scientific circles in regards to common and mutual cooperation.
- To conduct research in subjects pertaining to Hajj and pilgrimage.
- To print and publish books, journals as well as to produce audio and video products.
- To supervise all Hajj related activities and services rendered inside and outside of Iran to pilgrims.
The Holy Prophet (pbuh) said:
يحِجُّ أغنِياءُ أُمّتي لِلنَّزهَةِ ويحِجُّ أَوسَاطُها لِلتّجارَةِ ويحِجُّ فُقَراؤُهُم لِلرّياءِ والسُّمعَةِ، فعِندَها يكُونُ أَقوامٌ يَتَعلّمُونَ القُرآنَ لِغيرِ اللهِ ويَتّخِذُونهُ مَزامِيرَ، ويكونُ أَقوامٌ يَتفقَّهونَ لِغيرِ اللهِ.
The rich will go to Mecca for amusement, the middle-class for business, and the poor for showing off and fame. At that time, people will learn the Holy Quran for purposes other than Allah, recite it as song, and engage in learning (Islamic) jurisprudence for worldly benefits.
See Tafsir al-Mizan; vol. 5 p.434 (as quoted from Tafsir al-Qummi)